BISMARCK, N.D. — April 15, 2020 — MDU Resources Group, Inc. (NYSE: MDU) announced today that it is donating $500,000 to a variety of organizations to support coronavirus relief efforts, including $41,500 to charities in North Dakota. The donation comes from the MDU Resources Foundation, which is funded by stockholder monies, and is in addition to the $2.2 million the MDU Resources Foundation already has committed to charitable organizations this year.
MDU Resources Group companies in North Dakota include Knife River Corporation, MDU Construction Services Group Inc., Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. and WBI Energy Inc. Organizations receiving coronavirus relief funds from MDU Resources in North Dakota include:
- Adams County Food Pantry.
- Barnes County Food Pantry.
- Bismarck Meals on Wheels.
- Bowman Community Cupboard.
- Carson Food Pantry.
- Cavalier Emergency Food Pantry.
- Charles Hall Youth Services in Bismarck.
- Community Action Program in Bismarck.
- Country Community Cupboard in Elgin.
- Divide County Food Pantry.
- Dunn County Food Pantry.
- Ellendale Community Food Pantry.
- Emmons County Food Pantry.
- Glen Ullin Community Food Pantry.
- Great Plains Food Bank — Western North Dakota in Bismarck.
- Kenmare Food Pantry.
- Kidder County Food Pantry.
- Mandan Golden Age Club (Meals on Wheels).
- Mandan Public Schools.
- McKenzie County Food Pantry.
- Ministry on the Margins in Bismarck.
- Mott Food Pantry.
- Mountrail Community Food Pantry.
- Salvation Army in Williston.
- Sargent County Food Pantry.
- Soup Café in Bismarck.
- The Banquet in Bismarck.
- Tioga Community Food Pantry.
- Underwood Community Cupboard.
- Wishek Food Pantry.
- Women’s Action and Resource Center in Beulah.
- Zion Church Food Pantry in Berthold.
- Williston Salvation Army Food Pantry.
MDU Resources President and CEO David L. Goodin said the health and safety of MDU Resources’ employees, customers and the public is always the company’s top priority, and the donations are intended to help communities regain their good health.
“We know it will take some time for our country to recover from this adversity, and we want to do our part to help,” Goodin said. “In addition to monetary support from our corporation, our employees are dedicated to ensuring we continue to serve our customers with the electricity, natural gas and energy and transportation infrastructure that are essential for daily life.”
In addition to the $500,000 donation, the MDU Resources Foundation is accelerating 2020 grant payments that were previously identified for organizations such as food banks, shelters and elderly support.
“Our employees are proud of the essential services they provide and of our company’s support of our communities and the people who live in them,” Goodin said.
About MDU Resources
MDU Resources Group, Inc., a member of the S&P MidCap 400 index and the S&P High-Yield Dividend Aristocrats index, is Building a Strong America® by providing essential products and services through its regulated energy delivery and construction materials and services businesses. For more information about MDU Resources, see the company’s website at www.mdu.com or contact the Investor Relations Department at [email protected].
Media Contact: Laura Lueder, manager of communications and public relations, 701-530-1095
Financial Contact: Jason Vollmer, vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer, 701-530-1755
Comments are closed.