At Montana-Dakota Utilities we provide customers with access to incentive plans and conservation tips for more efficient energy use, as well as environmental information.
We take pride at Montana-Dakota in our efforts to be good stewards of the land and its resources. We live and work in the communities we serve and taking care of the environment is important to us. Montana-Dakota has three primary goals in regard to the environment:
- Minimize waste and maximize resources.
- Support environmental laws and regulations that are based on sound science and cost-effective technology.
- Comply with or exceed all applicable environmental laws, regulations and permit requirements.
Montana-Dakota strives to minimize land disturbances while maximizing resource extraction, engage in wildlife protection practices, promote emission reduction and fuel conservation, work with wildlife regulatory agencies, develop water enhancement practices, ensure water quality protection, control and prevent the spread of noxious weeds, promote noise reduction, and implement programs to develop and enhance public spaces in the communities we serve. To see how Montana-Dakota achieves these goals, check out the company’s Sustainability Report.
Resources for conserving energy
It’s important to look for ways to reduce energy usage around the home. As an ENERGY STAR partner, Montana-Dakota is committed to help you save energy and money. The following list is provided to help identify ways to conserve and use energy more efficiently.
- Savings for Your Home
- Savings for Your Business
- Energy Star Home
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
- Energy Hog for Adults and Children
- Home Energy Saver Audit Tool
- Consumer Federation of America
- Alliance to Save Energy
- US Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- US Department of Energy – Energy Education
Environmental Community Opportunity (ECO) Fund
Environmental stewardship is a part of Montana-Dakota’s mission and daily life and our commitment to the communities we serve is taken seriously. As part of our continued environmental commitment, Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. has established the ECO Fund to support projects that enhance environmental education and stewardship in the communities we serve.
Environmental education projects may include grants for teacher training, books or equipment for classroom use, field trips or special project support in the natural or physical sciences.
Community environmental stewardship projects may include such things as nature trail development, wildlife area enhancement, recycling and community cleanup promotion, or the development of “living laboratories” for the use of students and the general public.