Montana-Dakota Utilities provides electric and natural gas service in North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. Our goal is to provide safe and reliable service at the lowest cost possible. Let us know if we can help in any way.
Natural Living Magazine
View a free online publication of Natural Living magazine provided by Montana-Dakota Utilities. You will find information on ways to reduce energy costs, increase efficiency and enhance the comfort in your home by using natural gas.
Trade Ally Program
Montana-Dakota no longer provides repair service for heating and water heating equipment. However, to assist you in finding a qualified contractor who provides these services in your area, Montana-Dakota has developed a Trade Ally contractor network.
View Montana-Dakota’s Trade Ally contractor list.
Required Information for Meter Install
- Has the Service line been installed?
- Is this a Residential or Commercial Property?
- Subdivision Name, Lot & Block Number
- Has the Pressure Test been complete?
- Permit Number#?
- Has the Pressure Test been inspected or tagged by the City/County/State?
- Has the house piping been tied to the meter bar?
- Is it level?
You will need to be able to verify the gas appliances and individual BTU loads listed on Premise Characteristics.
- Have there been any additions or deletions to the gas equipment that we should know about?
- What is the name and contact phone number of the contractor/heating dealer or customer for us to contact regarding any other questions?
- Is the Address visible from the street?
- Do we have clear access to the meter set location?